Egg Salad and Broth of Umami Eggs
- 4 small bunches of fresh salad greens in season
- 4 marinated egg yolks (Cracco’s recipe)
- 40 grams (1.4 oz) of Calvisius Caviar
- 40 grams (1.4 oz) of pressed Caviar (Lingotto Calvisius)
- 4 teaspoons of sour cream
- 20 cubes of lemon pulp
- For the butter:
- 800 grams (1.8 lb) of lean veal cutlets
- 600 grams (1.3lb) of alpine butter
- Sage, salt
- For the broth:
- 500 g (1.1 lb) of skins and meat of salted cod
- 200 g (0.4 lb) of butter
- 2.5 liters of water (0.6 gallons of water)
Gently stir-fry the cuts of meat with butter and sage until hazel brown. Let rest allowing to absorb the flavors and drain pressing the meat.
Remove the butter and whisk it on ice until it reaches a consistency of “creamed butter”. Dress the salad with the creamed butter.
For the broth: Brown the butter with the skins and flesh of cod. Pass it through a sieve to remove excess butter, sprinkle with water, and cook for 4 hours at low heat. Strain and serve in warm bowls.
To finish, place the salad on four individual plates and complete with all the other ingredients. Serve the broth separately.